The most successful freelance writer I’ve ever known, Michael Kwan, has asked me to tell the world about myself in the latest self-introduction meme. Let’s get straight into it…
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
- Learning Japanese
- Living in a one-room apartment in Nagoya, Japan
- Eating instant noodles and paying off debts
- Teaching English
- Hanging out with a guy called Bamboo
5 Things on My To-Do List Today:
- Get some money from the cash machine
- Unplug the phone and internet connection
- Watch technicians change the optical fiber and broadband router
- Bite my fingernails
- Test internet connection and phone
- Pay technicians with money from cash machine
5 Snacks I Like
- Chocolate bars
- Sakeru Cheese
- 7-Eleven Burrito
- Country Ma’am cookies
- Chorus Water (okay, it’s a drink, but…)
5 Things I Would Do if I Were a Millionaire
- Pay off the mortgage
- Renovate our house, especially the bathroom and toilet
- Help out my family and in-laws if they need a few bucks
- Start eating fruit again (it’s a rip off here so I don’t bother)
- Put my little Suzuki Wagon R in for a service
5 Places I’ve Lived (for various lengths of time)
- Crowborough, East Sussex, England
- Colchester, Essex, England
- Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
- Kani, Gifu, Japan
- Kakamigahara, Gifu, Japan
5 Jobs I Have Had
- Door-to-door windows salesman
- English language instructor
- General manager of a chain of English schools
- English school owner
5 People I Tag:
I’d love to hear more about you guys!
In an effort to introduce himself to his fellow Japan bloggers, Chris G has written eight random facts about himself, including one about a dangerous Jurassic goose.
Chris has tagged me to do the same, so here we go…
8 fabbertastic facts about me
- I am incredibly forgetful.
- I wake up at the sound of a pin dropping.
- My favorite PC game of all-time is the Sim City series.
- I am incredibly forgetful.
- I once tried to sell brand new Japanese Pokemon cards on eBay for $100 each. I sold zero.
- I hate eggs. I’m not allergic. I just can’t stand them. The shape, smell, and even the name makes me shiver!
- When I was in primary school, I played Jesus in the musical “Godspell”. As I was hanging on the cross at the end, I wet myself, and my disciples got covered in wee as they carried me aloft, down the aisle between the audience.
- I once made $100 at a Japanese university by clapping my hands for two minutes. It was part of an experiment to compare how clapping styles differed between Japanese and non-Japanese.
- I once made $800 by giving blood, urine and stool samples at a Japanese medical clinic. It was part of an experiment to compare how blood-clotting differed between Japanese and non-Japanese.
Passing on the meme…
Let me pass on the baton to Shane, Deas, and Billy West.
Here are the rules:
- People who are tagged need to write a post containing 8 random facts about themselves.
- At the end of the post you should name several other bloggers to be tagged.
- Leave a comment for the bloggers and link to your own post.